The Charleston Shipyard is an important support facility for the fishing and recreational boating fleets.
Shipyard Amenities Include:
- Upland Vessel Area for DIY (do-it-yourself) vessel repair projects
- Easy Access Work Docks
- 100 ton travel lift
- 200 ton marine ways
- 7 1/2 ton forklift
- Upland Vessel Storage
Charleston Shipyard Travel Lift
A 100-metric ton Marine Travel Lift services the Charleston Marina Shipyard. The Travel Lift can safely hoist vessels weighing up to 220,000 lbs for upland storage and repair projects.
- Move vessels up to 30 tons
- 18' maximum beam & 60' length overall
- Weight transducers that provide vessel weight to customer
- Night time lights for adequate light for night time operations
- Triple strapping fore & aft to provide better weight distribution
How to Reserve Your Vessel Lift
- Call the Charleston Shipyard at (541) 297-2713 to schedule an appointment.
- Fill out and sign a use agreement prior to boat lift. It is highly recommended that customers outside the area to provide vessel specifications to Shipyard staff prior to arrival.
- Bring the boat to the Charleston Shipyard at the appointment time for your boat lift.
- *The Port reserves the right not to lift a vessel if deemed unsafe to do so.*