The Port has successfully completed both Phase I and Phase II Improvements listed in the Charleston Marina Master Plan of 2007.
Phase I Improvements completed:
- Resurfacing outer basin with parking improvements
- Rip-rap repair
- Resurfacing Eel Avenue with parking improvements
- Establishing a paved area behind Seahawk Seafood with drainage.
Phase II Improvements completed:
- Inner basin restroom building replacement with restroom and shower facilities
- Paving, parking, sidewalk and curbing enhancements to the area around the Oregon Institute of Marine Biology’s (OIMB) interpretive center at the corner of Guano Rock and Boat Basin Road.
- The Port received an award on the behalf of Coos County for a Transportation Enhancement (TE) grant from the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT). This project provided approximately 2,400 lineal feet of curbing, sidewalks, landscaping, lighting and storm drain improvements to Boat Basin Road from OIMB to approximately Davey Jones’ Locker.
- The Port partnered with the South Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve for construction of a paddlecraft launch near the entrance to the slough.
- Charleston Shipyard utilities have been placed underground.
- The Port received an Oregon State Marine Board grant for construction of a new fish cleaning station near the Charleston Marina boat launch.